Over 11M women and children under two reached with life-changing services since 2001. This is one of the key takeaways from mothers2mothers’ (m2m’s) new quarterly report, which we have released widely for the first time. This new report, which we will release every three months moving forward, aims to provide a snapshot of the scale and quality of our programmes across sub-Saharan Africa each quarter.
The report shows that, as of 30 June 2019:
- m2m’s reach since 2001 has now passed 11M women and children under two.
- 1,768 women living with HIV are currently employed by m2m as “Mentor Mothers” across eight African nations.
- At the halfway point of the year, m2m has enrolled at least 370,874 new clients into our direct services, representing 41% of our annual target in this category. On current trends, we are confident we will meet or exceed our goal.
- Our total revenue through June 2019 was US$12.4M, 5% above budget.
- Continued scale up and training continues in key countries, with Malawi, Mozambique, South Africa, and Uganda all undertaking significant training and scale-up initiatives this quarter.
The full report can be downloaded here.
We welcome feedback on content, and ideas for other indicators you would like to see us report on in the future!
If you would like to share feedback, and/or sign up to receive future reports directly to your inbox, please email Siphiwo.Ngubenkomo@m2m.org.