The International AIDS Conference, convened by the International AIDS Society (IAS) every two years, is a high point for the global HIV/AIDS and public health community, and mothers2mothers (m2m) is delighted to be able to play a key part once again at this year’s AIDS 2022 in Montréal, Canada from 29th of July to 2nd of August 2022.
As the largest international gathering on HIV/AIDS, this will be a key moment to reflect on progress made toward meeting the urgent global goal of ending HIV/AIDS by 2030. m2m is looking forward to showcasing its learnings and insights from operating across ten African countries and training and employing women living with HIV as Community Health Workers, as well as hearing and learning from partners and peers who are joining us in this fight.
If you too will be in Montréal in July, here is how you can connect with m2m:
- Join us at our satellite session, kindly supported by Gilead: Our 60-minute event, titled Innovation In Integration: How People-Powered Services Can End AIDS and Deliver Universal Health Coverage, will take place on Sunday, 31st of July at 8AM (Noon GMT, 2PM CAT) (and will be available virtually). Speakers from m2m, UNICEF, and Village Reach will shine a spotlight on the people-powered models that are delivering remarkable results in HIV and Primary Health Care. Secure your place today by emailing [email protected].
- Come say hi at our exhibition stall: Members of the m2m delegation will be delighted to welcome you to our stall in the Exhibition Hall (Location 1013) and tell you more about our work through some fun and interactive features and assets.
- Browse the m2m-curated “HIV=Humanity Inspiring Victory” photo exhibit in the Global Village: The exhibit will showcase how people-centred models are engaging and re-engaging communities, with the goal of ending AIDS by 2030. After an open, global call for entries, ten images will be selected by a diverse panel of activists, people living with HIV, and creative professionals from around the world, and showcased in the Global Village to inspire and educate attendees, while contributing to reducing stigma through the powerful presentation of people living with HIV as change agents.
- Browse our posters: Four of m2m’s abstracts were among the highest-scoring submissions selected through a blind, peer-reviewed process led by IAS, and will be presented in abstract sessions in person, as well as displayed as on demand e-posters in Montreal and via the conference platform. m2m’s shortlisted abstracts focus on the following topics:
- Introducing the Mentor Mothers and their impact on PMTCT indicators: A case study of Morogoro districts in Tanzania
- Sustained viral suppression among HIV positive women through a robust peer approach in m2m countries during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lesotho’s eMTCT Detectives: Mentor Mothers’ Tireless Work towards HIV Epidemic Control through m2m’s Comprehensive PMTCT Services (Lesotho produced)
- A case study: Index Case Tracing and Testing of male partners and children in Angola